2016 Socorro Hamfest
8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Saturday, October 15, 2016
Socorro Amateur Radio Association,
Tech Amateur Radio Association
Vertu Fine Art Gallery and the
City of Socorro
The Socorro Hamfest is sanctioned by the American Radio Relay League.
September 19, 2016
2016 SARA/TARA Hamfest Flyer
Talk-in on 146.68-; 100 Hz PL
When and where
- When? Saturday,
October 15th, 08:00-14:00
NM Fire Fighter's
- No overnight RV parking at
the hamfest site
- Reserve now
- Attendance by pre-registration only. Reservations will close at noon on Thursday October 6. Tickets will not be available at the door.
- Time: Social with cash bar begins at 5:30 PM, dinner served at 6:00 PM on Friday, Oct. 14, 2015
Location: Bodega Burger Co. & Lounge
- Cost: $24.00. Options include: Sirloin Steak, Pecan Chicken and Vegetarian all served with mashed potatoes, veggies and roll.
Speaker: David Jorgensen, WD5COV, will speak about his recent adventure with the Intrepid-DX Group expedition to the South Sandwich and South Georgia Islands.
Need not be present to win. Grand prize winners will be announced here within 24 hours of drawings.
- SARA Canned Hams
(Antenna Book, Repeater
- So much more ...
Must be present to win.
ARRL VE Session
The TARA/SARA Hamfest will include a VE session for all theory elements. Walk-ins Welcome
- 11:00 - 11:55: Registration - Engine Bay, Main Table
- 12:00 - ARRL VEC Exam - Location TBA
- 0730 - Taigate/swap-meet setup
- 08:00 - Using WSJT
- 09:00 - ARRL Forum
- 10:00 - QSLing today
- 11:00 - State ARES/RACES meeting
- 11:00 - VE Registration
- 12:00 - VE Exam (ARRL VEC)
- 12:30 - D-Star Admins
- Ham’s Tour of the VLA: Friday, Oct. 14,
13:00, at the VLA site, 50 miles
West of Socorro on Highway 60
- Vendor setup: October 14, from 15:00 to 17:00
- Food on site via Green's Kitchen
- Silent Auction
Swapfest and Tailgate
- Reserve tailgate spaces and indoor tables ($10.00 each)
- Set up beginning at 07:30 October 15rth